International Car Rental Limited (ICR) is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as amended from time to time.
What personal information is collected about you?
ICR collects different types of personal information about you, depending upon your specific circumstances, which may include some or all of the following – the examples are illustrative and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list:
- identifier information (e.g. name, date of birth) • contact information (e.g. telephone number, home address, email address)
- information about your vehicle (e.g. registration number)
- driver eligibility information (e.g. drivers licence details, details of any additional drivers)
- information to facilitate payments (e.g. credit card details, bank details) • requirements with respect to specific vehicles (e.g. health and disability information)
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in a several ways, for example:
• directly from yourself, when you speak to us on the phone, over email, when we meet with you in person or when you input details into our website
• when we receive your personal data from third parties, for example the DVLA or credit reference companies
Why do we need to collect and use personal information?
ICR collects and uses personal information in order to provide vehicle leasing services to you, including:
- establishing your identity
- establishing your vehicle requirements
- providing a leasing solution that matches your needs
- confirming your eligibility to legally drive a vehicle
- setting up a credit line
- arranging vehicle insurance
- facilitating other financial products, such as Inflation Protection
- arranging vehicle maintenance
- organising vehicle breakdown cover
- obtaining your feedback on the services provided
In order to fulfil its service obligations, ICR may share your personal data with:
- our employees
- the DVLA
- our service provision agents, including Fevore Group Ltd and its subsidiary companies
- breakdown repair companies, including the AA and the RAC
- other authorities, where we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example where we are required to share information under statute, to prevent fraud and other criminal offences or because of a Court Order
- Credit and Fraud agencies
If required, at any stage of the contract our customer defaults on payment we may share your information with our nominated debt recovery agency.
How long is your personal data retained?
We hold your data with a view to providing current and future leasing services to you. In the event that the relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our internal data retention policies and our legal obligations.
How is your personal information protected?
ICR takes the protection of personal data very seriously. There are systems in place to guard against unauthorised access, improper use, destruction or accidental loss of personal data. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data. In addition, we have rules and procedures in place to ensure that any personal information which we hold on computer systems cannot be accessed by persons who do not have the permissions to do so.
Any authorised third-party service providers with whom your data is shared are requested to sign a formal Data Processing Agreement which ensures that your personal data is treated with the same rigour as directly applied by ICR, and in accordance with current Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation laws.
Our Accreditations and Partners
ICR are a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association, the trade body for companies engaged in the leasing and rental of cars and commercial vehicles.
International Car Rental Limited t/as ICR Leasing is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for Consumer Credit activity (Limited Permissions) FRN 737409
How can you request access to the personal information that is held about you?
Under Data Protection law, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that is held about you. The method of requesting this information is called a “subject access request”. You may make a subject access request at any time by emailing email@example.com and a response will be provided within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response, in the first instance you should contact ICR by telephoning +44(0)1908 467467. If this still does not bring a satisfactory outcome, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which in the United Kingdom is via the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk/concerns/)